Manage your compliance risk.
New hires and role changes are constant in any organisation and if unmanaged, result in the accumulation of access privileges that create security risks.
‘Access creep’ creates a number of security issues around separation of duties, malicious insider threat, credentials theft, sensitive data exposure and critical systems breaches.
Employee lifecycle management failures are the #1 way organisations get owned.
Access accumulation also allows malicious actors to infiltrate even deeper into operational or information systems, with the potential to cause even greater harm.
‘We’re no different from any company, organisational changes happen every day, that affect access to a variety of systems, that is each managed in a different way’ says the security manager of a large insurance company.
‘Identity management is at the core of our approach, but there are some systems just not designed for external administration. We needed at back-stop’.
RightCrowd IQ focuses on auditing and analysing who has access to your systems and critical information. Users can instantly assess the health of access compliance across your business and quickly determine where further investigation or remediation is required.
RightCrowd IQ was deployed to provide capabilities across:
- Identity management reporting – check the effectiveness of identity management and identify blind spots
- Monitor secondary applications – critical applications not designed for external administration through central IAM can still be monitored
- Improve audit outcomes – actively manage the environment and demonstrate the improvement
- Flexible and cost effective – quickly run queries and visualize access for specific systems or groups of users instead of long lead times to get a static report
‘I think the real benefit is quite simple – auditing access across different systems is disjointed and complex. RightCrowd IQ makes it easy’. ‘We were looking for an easier way to manage access accumulation without creating a large project’ noted the security analyst for a mid-size bank.
The other benefits of RightCrowd IQ included:
- Reduce the time, complexity and cost of audit – automating the collection and correlation of access data, reduces the direct overhead attributable to compliance
- Visualize non-compliance – so that team leaders, applications owners and leadership could see who shouldn’t have access
- Improved decisions making – with a holistic view of access
- Improved audit outcomes – actively demonstrate to auditors and the Board that critical compliance issues are being managed